Summer Sessions Call for Proposal 2015
Deadline: May 25th, 2015
The Summer Sessions Talent Development Network are short-term residencies for young artists initiated by V2_(Institute for the Unstable Media) and organized by a network of cultural organizations all over the world.
The Summer Sessions offer a highly productive atmosphere with production support and expert feedback to jumpstart your professional art practice. The result is a pressure cooker in which you develop a project, from concept to presentable work, ready to show. From May 2009 on, more than 30 world-wide artists have participated in the Summer Sessions, and the partners are from all over the world including China, Spain, Canada, Norway, among others.
Joining Summer Sessions Talent Development Network in 2013, CAC has sponsored one Chinese artist (Hu Weiyi) and one Chinese artist group (Zhou Jiangshan and Long Xinru) to conduct their residency at V2_ and hosted two international artists (Johannes Langkamp, Máté Pacsika) who developed their work in shanghai for two months.
This year’s program is now calling for application. The application requirements and other details are as follows:
-Early Career artists under 35 years old and/or graduated no more than 5 years before the time of applying.
-Artists can only apply if one of the partners in the talent development network is based in their country of residence. For Chinese artists, please choose CAC as your sponsor institute.
Roughly 8 weeks in the period between June 15th and September 30th 2015.
1. Create a 2-minute video explaining your project, the support you need and why you should be a part of the Summer Sessions. Please note that all the partners in the network review the submitted video's, so English is preferred (don't worry you won't be judged on grammar or pronunciation).
2. Upload your video to a service like Youtube or Vimeo. Note that on Youtube you can make the video 'unlisted' so it can not be found without knowing the URL. On Vimeo you can set a password.
3. Go to http://www.summersessions.net/ and select your country of residence.
4. Fill out the online application form to provide your personal details and the link to the online video proposal.
1. May 25th 2015: application deadline
2. Early June 2015: notification of acceptance.
For application and more information, please go to http://www.summersessions.net/